Tuesday, June 17, 2008


Okay, I've been in Central America for 6 days now and haven't posted a thing!

I am now in San Marcos, Nicaragua. I flew into San Jose, Costa Rica on the 11th and spent a few days at a hostel there. I was a little worried, traveling sola with all that luggage (2-50lb bags, 40lb backpack & laptop), but I made it here, no problems. I had an 8 hr bus ride from CR to NI, but it went quickly. It was a nicer bus line (Tica) with AC, movies, and coffee!

I met a surprisingly intelligent and nice surfer from Britain, who we will meet up with once we get to the beach. I can't wait to learn how to surf! I need some action in the water, since I'm missing out on all that whitewater back home.

Border check was a bitch, but had some help with my bags, so not too bad. Made it to Jinotepe and had to get off. Got a taxi to San Marcos (6km) for only 40 cordobas ($2). A good price with all those bags, and we didn't pick up anyone else on the way.

I got to the San Marcos house, where I met Gary to unload my things and headed to Cafe Negro for dinner. The last time I was at Cafe Negro, there was a huge bar fight and I had to hide out, but they have delicious food, so that's not gonna keep me away! This time the food was not as tasty as i remember, maybe next time.

We're just gonna lay-low at the house tonight and relax. It's been non-stop since I arrived and in need of some down-time.

2 comments:

Living Dees Life said...

Kay! How's it going lady? I am so happy to see you doing well. I keep seeing all these pics you post on myspace and it looks so exciting but I have *NO* clue as to what one of my most fave people is doing! Now maybe I will :-)

*hugs* and take care

(Jenny B from High School)

Rynne said...

Hello Crazy girl!! I found your blog and will be checking in on you! Please be careful and safe -but have fun! Maybe I will come down there and make sure you know what's up!!!!
XOXO,
Rynne